Kickstart your thinking!
Does your brain feel a bit sluggish on a Monday morning after a weekend off? A quick way to get the grey cells working again on Monday or any other day is a bit of purposeful self talk with positive thinking to motivate yourself.
Remind yourself what you are able to achieve and how alert you can be! “Oh, that feels too difficult when my brain hasn’t got going”, I hear you say….
Well, you can have some prompts or props ready to help spark your brain in to life.
- Maybe a song on your ipod that makes you feel inspired.
- A photograph that reminds you of something you are proud of achieving – mine is a photo of me having walked up to a glacier in Norway – spectacular!!
- Jot down on post its ‘key words’ or ‘phrases’ that remind you of what you have achieved and stick them in a prominent place – maybe by the kettle or your desk.
- Draw a picture that makes you smile
- Remember you are in control of your own destiny on a day to day basis.
You can view a problem as a solution that is waiting to be found, so you can do something about it.
But remember that a problem you can’t do anything about is actually a ‘fact’ so incorporate it into your plans rather than waste energy fighting against it.
Go on, give it a go and see the results you can achieve.